History of New Dorp Christian Academy

The New Dorp Christian Academy is an outgrowth of the educational vision of the membership of the New Dorp Baptist Church. The first step toward the formation of a Christian School began with the establishment of the Little Learners’ Nursery School, which enrolled its first class in the fall of 1974. The Nursery School grew over the years from its original single session to four classes in 1981. A Kindergarten class was enrolled in the fall of 1982. In September 1990, we began our school year with four Nursery School sessions and classes from Kindergarten through Eighth grades. God has been faithful, blessing our school with wonderful students, parents, and staff. Thanks to you, we are able to continue this God-honoring ministry on Staten Island.

1905 : New Dorp Baptist Church
1907 : New Dorp Baptist Church
1928 : on the corner of Rose Ave & 10St
1964 : at 259 Rose Avenue
1982 : hired as Administrator
1982 : /NDCA Elementary School
1990 : First graduation class
1996 :
2000:
2011 :
2014 : hired as Principal
Our students over the years have excelled. Our graduates make it into the top high schools in New York City. Approximately 95% place in their first choice of special programs in public high schools and their first choice of parochial high schools.